When A Death Occurs
When a death occurs, your primary responsibility is to yourself and the ones you love. There are a number of things that require attention simultaneously. Regardless of the day or hour, Lawson Funeral Home and Cremation Services, Inc. is always prepared to respond to your needs quickly and competently. The funeral director's main function is to assist you with the necessary details of the funeral process. Among the services funeral directors provide are:
What to Do If Death Occurs
What should I do if a death occurs at home?
- Arranging funeral plans
- Securing necessary permits and death certificates
- Care and custody of the body
- Coordinating all details with the clergy
- Arranging the music you have selected
- Placing obituary and funeral notices in newspapers
- Assisting in arranging for burial or cremation
- Assisting in arrangements for cemetery space, grave opening and closing, flowers and monuments
- Arranging transportation for your family prior to, during, and after the funeral
- Supervision of the funeral or memorial service
- Arrange transportation, funeral service and burial if the deceased is to be sent to a distant location
When death occurs, Lawson Funeral Home personnel are available to assist you at any hour, seven days a week. Please call 727-623-9025 for assistance.
Will someone come right away?
If you request immediate assistance, yes. If your family wishes to spend a short time with the deceased to say goodbye, this is acceptable. Our staff will come when the time is right for you.
If a loved one dies out of state, can Lawson Funeral Home still help?
When death occurs away from home, Lawson Funeral Home can assist you with out-of-state arrangements and transfer the deceased to a preferred location. Please call 727-623-9025 for assistance.
For more information about our professional services, please contact us by e-mail or call at 727-623-9025. We're here to help.